Choose The Perfect Color Scheme For Your Website, Color affects all of us; consciously and subconsciously. Colors trigger memories, and are helpful in highlighting important stuff. Colors evoke emotions and feelings. Certain colors calm nerves; some may give you the blues; some may even irritate you.
It is therefore very important to choose the right colors for not only your products, but also for your advertisements and websites. The wrong color scheme may actually drive customers away.
Choose The Perfect Color Scheme For Your Website
These are the things you need to keep in mind:
- Who are you targeting? You need to choose the colors according to your potential customers’ preferences and not yours. For example, if you’re dealing in products or services for men, you might want to go with strong colors and sharp contrasts. If it’s an exclusively female oriented product range, soft shades like peach, gold and pink will be better suited. If it’s teens you’re targeting, summery, bright colors would most probably do the trick. Of course, a lot of people may visit your website and not all are likely to be happy with what they see. But what you need to do is determine the age group and sex of your potential buyers and choose accordingly.
- Your colors must contribute to your website’s success. If you’re dealing in fashion clothing for women, and your site is in pastel or soft shades, the BUY or PURCHASE button should stand out, and not blend in with the color scheme; this directs the attention to it and makes it easy for your customers to purchase.
- Ensure that you don’t go overboard with the drama. You may have come up with an exotic color scheme, only to realize later that the writing is hardly visible against the background. You will defeat the whole purpose!
- Experts recommend using some amount of blue color in your site as it soothes. It is very suitable for financial institutions and e-commerce sites. Green reminds one of nature, so any health related site will do well with this color. Silver can be used for tech related sites and other high-end products.
- You can choose the perfect color scheme for your website using one of these apps:
a) Kuler: Is very widely used; you can see color combos used by designers, and create your own too.
b) Colorotate: This app is very useful because it gives you a 3D rendition of tones and shades you select.
c) Toucan: This is a comprehensive coloring app that has several options in its menu.
d) Color Palette Generator: When you upload an image or enter its URL, it will present you with the color scheme used in that image; you can them use it in your own page.
There are many more similar apps you can use to get help with coloring your website.