Points To Consider While Designing A User-Friendly Website
It is extremely important for contemporary businesses to have a strong online presence. The sheer volume of prospective customers with access to the web is growing by leaps and bounds over the passage of time, making it practically imperative for companies to build strong and informative websites, to retain contact with clients at all times. The presence of secure websites is all the more necessary if your firm specializes exclusively on online transactions. In what follows, you will be provided with a few pointers that can go a long way in making your business website more powerful and effective. Click here to find more informations in this regards.
- Choose a structured layout – There are several alternative layouts that can be used on web pages. However, it is advisable for you to stick to the most common ones that are seen online. The layout that you select must lend your site an uncluttered, easy-to-navigate feel. A systematically developed website also ensures that visitors can find the information they need quickly and with ease.
- Selecting the font for web content – While browsing on the web, people tend to be rather impatient in nature. Hence, it is critical for a website to be user-friendly enough to retain the users’ attention for an extended span of time. Choose a font for your site that would be present on the systems of maximum users (Ariel, Times New Roman or Verdana serve fine in this regard). The font size and color should also be chosen appropriately.
- Presence of animations and flash banners – It is important for your site to have a small loading time. Typically, multimedia flash content takes greater time to load on a server than a plain, text-based web page. Hence, you need to determine the amount and number of multimedia advertisements that should be present on your site. Always keep in mind that, it is the information content, and not the advertisements, that will drive traffic to your site.
- Use of pop-up advertisements – Users from all over the world would agree on the fact that websites with many pop-ups are irritating and rather inconvenient. Stay away from the notion that a large number of pop-up ads will actually make your site more interactive in nature. Far from doing so, that can actually drive people away from your site. A single pop-up might work well, along with one pop-under page (if necessary).
- Putting hyperlinks on your pages – Help your visitors to easily locate the hyperlinks that you place in your webpage content. The conventional practice on this count is to put the text that is to be hyperlinked in blue, and underlining the same. That way, it would stand out from the rest of the content and make people aware of the presence of hyperlinks.
- Linking to the Home Page – Ideally, each and every page of your website should have a link to return to the home page. This makes your site much easier to navigate (rather than making users use the ‘back’ button far too often).
- Compressing images –Image files that are too large in size will automatically slow down your site. Thus, you need to compress your pictures to sizes that would be optimal for web users. Fortunately, there are a number of online graphic editors which you can use for this purpose.
- Content quality – In order to gain in reputation and popularity over the long-run, you need to make sure that the content that is published on your website is of the best quality. The write-ups have to be informative, structured and crisp. Ideally, each of the pages should dwell with discrete topics or issues. Of course, avoiding basic spelling and grammatical errors is of the primary essence.
There are multiple other tips that you should follow while creating your own website. Close adherence to all such web designing guidelines can make your site really popular among users.
Contributed by Kenneth parkar, the official instruction about how to design or devlop your website.